Undergraduate FAQ

For program details, please see the official university catalog for the Deparment of History at CSUF.

For any other questions on the history department's undergraduate program, please contact the department office at history@fullerton.edu or at (657) 278-3474

Where do I go if I have questions about general education?

The Undeclared and Academic Advising Center (UACC) can answer most questions about general education requ irements. Their advising hours can be found on the Undeclared and Academic Advising Center website Opens in new window and they are located on the north side of the Pollak Library. The UACC also be reached at acadvise@fullerton.edu via or at (657) 278-3601.

Where do I go if I have concerns about accessibility?

 Disability Support Services are located in Gordon Hall (GH) 101, and they can be reached at (657) 278-3112, via email at dsservices@fullerton.edu, or via the DSS wesbite.Opens in new window

Where can I find help with Titan Degree Audit or transfer courses/units not appearing on my TDA?

The Office of Records and Registration generates the TDA and can answer these questions. If the issue is with a History course, you should first see a history advisor. Questions about general education courses you have transferred should be brought directly to Records and Registration. They are located in Langsdorf Hall (LH) 114 and they can be reached at (657) 278-7601. More information can also be found on the Records and Registration website.

If my TDA states that 110A and/or 110B have been waived for general education, do I still have to take them as a history major?

All History majors are required to take 110A and 110B either at CSUF or at a community college prior to transferring to CSUF, even if they have been waived for general education.

My TDA says I'm CSU general education certified, but my audit states that I still have general education courses to fulfill? Why?

All CSUF students must complete not only their lower division general education, which can be done at a community college, but also 9 units of upper division general education, which cannot be completed at a community college.

Can all courses from a junior college or community college be transferred toward ?

The History Department accepts 12 lower division units, 6 units of 110A and 110B, and 6 units of lower division US History. Community colleges only offer lower-division courses, whereas all the rest of the CSUF history units (besides the 12 units mentioned above) must be upper-division units/classes. Upper-division courses from four-year institutions can be transferred and count toward the upper-division requirements of our major.

What courses should I take for a career in teaching?

Please contact the Center for Careers in Teaching at (657) 278-7130, or visit their office (Humanities Building 113). If you are a History major, please make an appointment with our credential advisor by visiting the Credential Program page, contacting the History Department Office at (657) 278-3474, or in person (Humanities Building 815 F).

How do I know which courses meet the requirements of the major?

Please review the "Green Sheet" which lists all of our courses and identifies which categories of the major they 

Paper copies of this information are also available outside of the History Department office (Humanities Building 815F).

Can a History Advisor or the Department Chair help me get into a course that is full?

Course permits cannot be issued for courses at maximum enrollment. If the course has seats available, it is up to the instructor's discretion if a permit can be issued. Please see the history department's website on permits for more information. 

At my community college, if I stopped attending a course, I was automatically dropped with no penalty. Is that the case at CSUF?

No, if you do not attend a course without formally dropping it at CSUF you will receive a WU for the course. You will need to drop the course or formally withdraw from the course yourself.

What is the graduation check and when should I file for it?

  For more information regarding graduation check, please click view the offical grad check process.