Department of History Course Permits
Registration permits can be issued by the department to history courses by following the steps below. Course permits are only necessary if the course is listed as "requiring department consent" in Titan Online.
Requesting a History course Permit
Course permits can only be issued with the instructor's written consent. To request a permit, please email the instructor with your full name, campus-wide ID number (CWID), and the requested course for initial approval, including the section number and semester.
If the instructor approves your permit request, they will contact the department at email@example.com to request your registration permit. The department will verify eligibility and issue the permit if possible. You will receive an email from the firstname.lastname@example.org account when your one-time use permit has been issued with instructions and expiration information.
Course Permit requirements
To ensure your permit can be issued by the department, please review the following requirements:
- You are not currently enrolled in the maximum units or will exceed maximum units by enrolling in this course.
- You are not currently enrolled in a different section of the same class.
- You are not currently enrolled in another class that conflicts with the permitted course.
- You do not have a pending hold or overdue payment on your student account.
- You have met all prerequesites to the course.
- The waitlist for the course is not full.
If any of these requirements are not met, a department permit will not be issued to you. For any questions on these requirements, please contact email@example.com.